Hephzibah Middle School will
follow the Richmond County Board of Education’s dress code policy. The following guidelines will be in effect
for the 2016-2017 school year:
- Skirts, shorts, and dresses may be
no shorter than the width of a dollar bill from the bend in the back of the knee.
- Caps and other head coverings
(including bandannas) are not to be worn in the building during the school day.
- Sweat bands are not to be worn
around the neck.
- Mini-skirts, short shorts, biker
shorts, athletic shorts, sweat pants, wind suits and cut-off shorts are not
- The torso should not be exposed.
- See through garments are prohibited.
- Pants and shorts with holes that
show skin above the knee are not permissible.
- Tank tops, muscle shirts, spaghetti
strap tops, and halter-tops are prohibited.
- Bedroom slippers, slides, shower
shoes, flip-flops, and thong style shoes are not permissible.
- Leggings or leotard type pants
without pockets are not to be worn as an over garment.
All students shall maintain an
acceptable standard of dress. If any
student comes to school wearing inappropriate attire, so deemed by the
discretion of the administrators and/or teachers, the student shall be referred
to the office for disciplinary action.
Students who consistently violate the dress code guidelines will be
dealt with according to outlined policies in the Uniform Code of Student
Conduct and Discipline.