Richmond County School System
Learning Today...Leading Tomorrow
| ||PART I - PRE-K APPLICATION|| |
|For the convenience of parents and other stakeholders, registration will be available online and on site (walk-in). Supporting documentation must be submitted during regular registration by all applicants including online registrants. This documentation includes child’s proof of age and proof of residence.
Online registration is a two-part process: (1) complete application electronically and (2) Submit proof of age and proof of residence during onsite registration.
Online Information must be entered and submitted prior to delivery of the required documentation needed in PART II of this Registration Form.
Parents can select only one School of Choice per online Registration Form. If you wish to apply to more than one school, please submit an online Registration Form for each School.
All applications will be accepted, but only 22 students per class will be selected using a lottery system as follows: (20 students will be selected for HeadStart Blended classrooms, an additional application we be required)
Applications will be processed as follows:
1. The names of children living in the school's attendance zone will be placed in an IN ZONE Lottery Box.
2. The names of children living outside the school's attendance zone will be placed in an OUT of ZONE Lottery Box.
3. The names of children placed in the IN ZONE Box will be pulled first.
4. The first 22 (20 for HeadStart Blended Classrooms) names will constitute the class. Student placement is NOT GUARANTEED, but contingent upon Legislative Decisions regarding class funding.
5. If 22 (20 for HeadStart Blended Classrooms) slots are not filled from the IN ZONE Box, additional names will be pulled from the OUT of ZONE Box.
6. All remaining applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
7. Parents will be notified by mail on or before Friday, April 28, 2017 of their child's placement in the Lottery.
8. Pre-Kindergarten classes will begin August, 2017.
*Complete the form below, if information is not available for an individual field, please enter NA to advance to the next field.
PLEASE NOTE: Documentation will be received at the RCSS Central Offices or Tobacco Road Elementary School on Monday-Friday, February 27-March 10, 2017 between the hours of 1:00 PM and 6:00 PM.
Building a world-class school system through education, collaboration and innovation.